September’s Member of the Month is Chris Santry!
Congratulations, Chris – you totally deserve this!
When and how did you get started with us?
- I started with the “New You Challenge” in summer 2017. I’ve never committed to going to the gym routinely, and I learned why when I started CrossFit… I wasn’t having any fun. WPF has taught me to enjoy working out and every class is different.
- Anything that doesn’t include thrusters
Least favorite workout?
- Anything that includes thrusters
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- The 7:30 group is usually pretty small and regular. We get to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, which allows us to learn from each other and push each other, and ourselves, to get better, faster, and stronger.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- My baby girl, Charlie. She is 4 months old on September 12th.
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Centerfield by John Fogerty and/or Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, lol
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- “Type 1 diabetes mismatched insulin with nutrition” – – I am a nurse for a company that develops diabetes management software which provides insulin dose recommendations for patients in the hospital.
What’s your favorite treat?
- Probably a handcrafted margarita. For those that need a good recipe, this is what I use at home:
- 2 oz Milagro reposado tequila
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz agave nectar
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz water
- Shake and strain over fresh ice.
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- Kangaroo… sounds like a good time
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Georgia Bulldogs Red… because there ain’t nothin’ finer in the land… or box.