April’s Member of the Month is Lisa Sward!
When and how did you get started with us?
- I started August 2017 after becoming friends with Josh and his family. Our children go to school together.
- I like workouts that have moderate weights and interesting movements—like the bear couples.
- I like agility/speed work
Least favorite workout?
Any long cardio only work outs. I am not a huge fan for the bike.
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- I tend the changes classes depending on my daily schedule. The nice thing is the all the classes and coaches have been welcoming and very helpful to me.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- Changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery
- A double rainbow in Kauai, HI
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Country—like Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
What’s your favorite treat?
- Tiramisu from Cafe 30-A
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- A momma grizzly because I would be happy to peacefully roam around the mountains eating roots and berries with my kid. But if you messed with my kid, or me, too much…..well then
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Dawg Red because I love college football.
Precision Nutrition/ Pro Coaching review:
Josh and the PN program has equipped me to lose 20+ pounds since August. I have been active my whole life but I was not happy with my weight. It seemed to follow the typical path of gaining 5-10 lbs per decade after age 30-35 that lots of people experience. Once I learned the nutritional concepts from PN and Josh, I was easily able to lose the weight.
I learned it is so much more than eating the “right” foods and portion control. Being in the physician, I knew those things. But it was uncovering the psychology and the why behind my decisions that PN excelled at for me. Lessons present thought provoking questions that helped me to define what success looked like for me. They are easy to do. I have found them to be succinct and a great mix between dialogue, text, and professional graphics that keep my mind from wandering. I really have enjoyed delving into the science and psychology behind PN’s successful strategy.
I did not feel deprived. On the contrary, Josh and PN coaching have empowered me to know that I have the knowledge and tools to become a fit person for the long haul. I ain’t going back!
I will be forever grateful for all the people at WPF that have helped me!
Happy Easter WPF!!
Here is what is happening this week at your gym:
- The month of April is Bring a Friend month! Friends are welcome to join the CrossFit classes any Saturday during the month and/or any Bootcamp class all month long! This is a great opportunity to show your friends what a great place WPF is!
There are a couple of incentives:All friends are free. No drop-in fee!
- Every current WPF athlete who brings a friend during the month will have their name as well as their friends name entered into a drawing for a free month!
- Any current member who has a friend sign up for a membership will receive a free month (the value of the friend’s first month membership). Of course, this applies to brand new memberships only.
- Want to start training for Murph? Roni would like to get a group together once a week for some runs with and without vests as well as work on the squats, pushups and pull-ups. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
- Look in Wodify for the April 12th 7pm grocery store tour with Josh. This will be limited to 10 people so sign up if you are interested.
- The tankless water cooler will arrive this week and hopefully be installed by the week’s end.
- Jason “Fran” Carney won the challenge of the week last week: Max Cal in 1 minute on the SkiErg. He will receive $10 in WPF money.
- Lisa Sward is client of the month! Look for her favorite CrossFit moves in a WOD this week and a Facebook post with more information about how she ended up at WPF!
If you are traveling this week, travel safe!
Your WPF Team
Our March “Athlete of the Month” is Mike Resudek. Here is a quick Q&A we had him fill out so that our WPF community can learn a little more about him.
- When and how did you get started with us?
- I got started September 7, 2017, at the urging of Ken Rodriquez who said I need to get my fat ass in the gym. I agreed and here I am. So far, made a lot of progress, but still have a long way to go.
- Favorite workout?
- I enjoy partner workouts. It’s fun to push hard knowing others are counting on you to perform and encouraging your teammate(s)
- Least favorite workout?
- I didn’t enjoy the 2000m row, 100 wallballs and another 2000m row. That hurt!
- What’s the best part about working out with your class time?
- Everyone is super supportive, encouraging and friendly. I’d say this applies to the entire WPF family, which makes it great.
- What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- How could you not try your best and push yourself if “Gonna Fly Now” came on from Rocky
- What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- Minnesota Twins shirts. I’m the head coach for my son’s baseball team (The Twins) and need to get some gear.
- What’s your favorite treat?
- Does wine count? If not, I do like a crème brulee 🙂
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- Is this an interview? I think the right answer is a Dolphin because they are smart and everyone loves them. Haven’t thought about it much, but that sounds like a decent pick and it would be cool to explore the ocean!
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- These questions are crazy. I can’t think of a new color, so I’m going with something blue. It’s my favorite color.