November’s Member of the Month is Scott Cleveland
When and how did you get started with us?
- I started earlier this year in the spring. I was talking to a friend about getting back in shape and looking for a fun way to do it. I was considering going back to playing soccer or getting more serious about running again and he was trying to talk me into Orange Theory. Having seen so many of our baseball parents go there, I just didn’t see them having results. I really only had one goal… feel better at the beach with my shirt off. He told me about WPF since his wife works with J. Fischer. After a couple of conversations with Roni and WIT with Coach William, I was hooked.
- The ones you can be “#1” of course!! That’s not many, but honestly it is the ones where I know I got better, regardless of the workout. Getting over mental walls and learning how to push through 10 straight burpees, doing a set of 6 pushups straight instead of 4 or lifting heavier than I did the last time. Recently Randy was able to help me get better at kipping my pullups. I did one, then strung together two, then 5, and of course then 2 again. But I only remember the 5. WPF is about constant improvement and protecting against sliding backwards. Folks think I enjoy the running WODs and they are okay, but truly I know how to push myself to get better and when I’m dragging, so I just try to push harder on those because I know how.
Least favorite workout?
- Any burpee, bike, wallball combo!!
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- I am all over the place with when I come to class, so I really appreciate the flexibility of when I can come. There are so many super nice people at WPF and all of the coaches are awesome to work with, it really doesn’t matter when you go. There will always be good people to workout with and a great coach to help. I recently got to do a WOD (Rower/Bike) with just Larry T. and I which was fun to have someone push me literally as hard as I could go. Also really enjoy having folks like Kim T. and Sarah T. in my ear about lifting heavier, pushing harder and challenging yourself. WPF is a real team!
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- A picture of me with John Wayne (well wax museum John Wayne). Actually sounds dumb now that I have typed it!
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Right Above It (Lil Wayne), let’s me pretend I am on the previews to Ballers
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- I’m not telling you that!! 🙂
Seriously, was just looking for new running shoes.
What’s your favorite treat?
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- A Cheetah. Quick, explosive, a killer!!! But still fast enough to run away from anything bigger than me!!
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- I phoned a friend on this one…. “Kinky Vanilla Bean” was their suggestion. ???