June’s Member of the Month is Kendra Askins !
When and how did you get started with us?
- My mom started working out at Warrior Pride in 2014, & she invited me to come along with her to a class. I liked it, but was still doing jiujitsu at the time so I didn’t officially join. I decided that it was time to stop jiujitsu after 7 years because I felt at risk of getting hurt; I started regularly coming to classes about 2 years ago & enjoyed it, but I became much more frequent & serious about it about a year ago.
- My favorite workouts usually include toes to bar, deadlifts, & overhead squats. Maybe handstand push-ups & muscle-ups too.
Least favorite workout?
- The assault bike is clearly the worst invention ever thought of!! I’m also not a fan of box jumps, thrusters, double unders, or kettlebell swings.
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- I go to all different class times, but I like the 11:30 because of the positive energy & laid back vibe from that group.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- My lock screen is a family pic of my mom, step dad, & me skiing in Colorado last year, & my home screen is a pic of my boyfriend & me at prom.
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Outta Control – Rebelution
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- Billie Eilish & Rosarita refried beans (I almost made up an answer for this one because I didn’t want to explain it lol. On snapchat she said she had a “strange addiction” to rosarita refried beans & she had a pyramid of cans that I thought was unreasonably funny)
What’s your favorite treat?
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- A dog because they get to sleep & eat all day with no judgment.
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Probably gray because it’s just kind of neutral to everything & doesn’t stand out very much in crowd.
Thanks again for everything!