July’s Member of the Month is John Walburn!
When and how did you get started with us?
- I started in February of 2017. When looking for a new CrossFit home I took advantage of the opportunity to WOD with one of my best friends, Bobby.
3 RFT 24/17 cal row
18 DB snatch
15 burpee over the erg
That or anything with T2B, Burpees, Wallballs, BMU, DU, Snatches
Least favorite workout?
- Anything with Deadlift, KB swings, Sit ups or the AB
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- I get to work out with my wife, she pushes me to go out of my comfort zone and be my best self. Jeff, Lief, and Chris are alright I guess. In all seriousness, I love to see the progress that everyone has made. It is inspiring the effort that everyone puts in. It truly is a safe place to push yourself past your comfort zone, reach for your goals and share your struggles.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- A pic of Becca and my youngest daughter walking the field at SunTrust park.
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- I don’t really hear the music during a WOD, I tune just about everything out. The reggae music Randy plays is nice during the warm up.
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- Searches for today. Toy Story 4 showtimes, French word of the day for kids (for me it’s ok to be a beginner), Harry Potter riddles, and Platypus.
What’s your favorite treat?
- Roller food at QT, and my daily brownie (helps offset all the other healthy stuff).
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- Sea turtle. They live a really long time and travel the oceans, that just sounds really cool.
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Atlanta Falcons Red, Rise Up.
Thanks for selecting me for COM, and Thank you for creating an atmosphere that is conducive to growth and connection. We love it here and are extremely pleased with our choice to join.