August’s Member of the Month is Bowen Strahan!
When and how did you get started with us?
- After hearing about how good the workouts were and seeing my wife’s results, I joined in 2017 for a couple of months in hope of getting in shape before a surgery. However, I didn’t start coming regularly until January 2019.
- I currently attend the Boot Camp classes and have enjoyed every one of them. Granted, if you asked me how I liked it right after the workout I may have given a different answer out of exhaustion. That said, I do love the challenge and high pace of each class. It is always a great workout and the coaches do an awesome job of mixing things up.
Least favorite workout?
- Running is probably my least favorite thing to do. Although I’m not bad at it, it takes its toll on me. Now if you throw burpees into the mix with running….I’m dead. Done. Come scrape me off the floor.
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- Everyone in class is friendly, and we all help to push each other to do our best. Also, a perk of morning class is it’s not too hot for those outside workout days.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Eye of the Tiger is always a good one.
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- DIY Alfredo sauce…it was pretty good too!
What’s your favorite treat?
- LOL I’m gaining weight just thinking about this question. No shortage of sweets around our house, but if I had to say just one, it would be homemade banana pudding, or lemon squares, or maybe a key lime pie ice cream cone from Bruster’s. Hard to say really.
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- I think I would choose an eagle. They get to fish and hunt all day and they’re protected. Living the wild life.
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Holy cow. Have you seen the size of the ultimate crayon collection box? It’s like 150 crayons – a kid’s dream and a parent’s nightmare. Best to make me clear and call me “Forgetful.” My wife can confirm. LOL