August’s Member of the Month is Kacey Brackin!
Congratulations, Kacey on your COTM nomination and constant hard work around the gym!
When and how did you get started with us?
- I started in October of 2017 when several of the members from my previous gym had switched over and spoke highly of WPF. I did my first workout with the 5:30AM class and coach Randy, and I immediately knew this was where I needed to be.
- I prefer any workout that involves a barbell, but my favorite workout is probably Fran (21-15-9 Thrusters and pull-ups). Cleans are my all time favorite lift.
Least favorite workout?
- Anything involving running or rowing for a long distance…I’m a shorty so I don’t have the natural long stride that the other taller members have.
What’s the best part about working out with the your class time?
- I tend to jump between the 5:30AM morning class and the 6:15PM evening class, but both groups of athletes are always fun to workout with. You can count on the same group at 5:30AM, which is comforting because we know how to push each other through the wods. The 6:15PM provides more variety, which is great because it’s an opportunity to meet new members or athletes that I don’t normally get the opportunity to workout with. I’m competitive so it’s great to see some of the other members progressing and improving, which motivates me to do better.
What’s the wallpaper on your phone right now?
- A picture of my fur baby, Murray.
What’s a song that you hope comes on during a WOD?
- Anything and everything rap, preferably Drake. I’ve been known to “politely” request the song be changed if it’s not something rap related during the workout.
What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
- UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham) MBA graduation date…my husband Tim and I are currently both pursuing our MBA’s together…only 270 more days to go….
What’s your favorite treat?
- Oreos. Hands down. They are my vice.
If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
- I’d be a dolphin. Dolphins are very intelligent, compassionate, social animals that are feared by sharks. Anything that can terrify and fight off a shark is pretty incredible.
You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- Bahamas blue. There is nothing like the crystal blue color of that water. My mood instantly changes anytime I look at pictures of that water from our recent trip.